Renting a vacation home or apartment has become an increasingly popular alternative in the last few years over getting a hotel. There are upsides and downsides to both, but the pros of renting a vacation home or apartment definitely outweigh the cons. Here are five reasons vacation home rentals are better than hotels:
- You can live like a local. Vacation rentals tend to be in the residential parts of town, allowing you to be immersed in the culture of your vacation spot. This is especially beneficial if you’re traveling to another country and want a “local” experience versus a tourist vacation.
- There’s better privacy. In a hotel, you’ll likely have neighbors on either side, above, and even below and across from you. Even with the door closed you can feel like you’re exposed. In a vacation rental, you may not have neighbors nearby for acres!
- You can enjoy the amenities of home. Renting a vacation home or apartment gives you the comforts of home. Many have a washer and dryer, a full kitchen, and more than one bathroom. No more fighting over who showers first or eating out if you’re not in the mood.
- There’s space. Hotel rooms can be pretty small and don’t offer places to unwind and relax on your own. If you’re travelling with kids, this can be especially exhausting. Vacation home or apartment rentals give you more space and can have more than one room, giving everyone the break they need.
- You can travel in a larger group more easily. In a hotel, large groups will have to split up and get multiple different rooms. These rooms will sometimes be spread throughout the building, making coordination a little more difficult. At a vacation home or apartment rental, however, a large group can all stay in the same house or apartment and can even cut costs by splitting the rental fee.
These are just a few of the benefits of renting a home or apartment for your vacation instead of a hotel. If you’re planning a vacation in the Santa Rosa Beach area of Florida, browse our Adagio 30a vacation rentals to find the perfect fit for you!
If you own a vacation rental in the area and are looking for a property manager, we can help.
Contact us today with any questions you may have.