The Emerald Coast is filled with fascinating marine life waiting to be explored by you. If you’re vacationing with us at Adagio, you should definitely set aside some time to scuba dive or snorkel. You might come face to face with sea turtles and a wide variety of fish! We'll tell you everything you need to know about snorkeling in 30A.
For even more advice about the best things to see and do in the area, take a look at our complimentary Vacation Guide. You discover some of our favorite restaurants, beaches, family-friendly activities, outdoor adventures, and more!
All About Snorkeling in 30A
Here in 30A, there’s a wide array of ways to try your hand at snorkeling. Depending on your skill level, you might want to try guided tours or venture out on your own.
The Best Snorkeling Spots
- Throughout 30A, The South Walton Artificial Reef Association (SWARA) develops/maintains an extensive artificial reef system, offering divers, snorkelers, fishers, and researchers convenient access to thriving marine ecosystems. The most popular manufactured reefs are Seahorse Reef (Topsail Hill Preserve State Park), Grouper Reef (Inlet Beach), Turtle Reef (Grayton Beach State Park), and Dolphin Reef (Miramar Beach).
- Grayton Beach State Park is one of the most popular areas in 30A for spotting sea life. Western Lake in the park is the largest coastal dune lake and is home to many fascinating wildlife species. You can also explore Turtle Reef, where you can see a variety of fish, corals, sponges, plants, and more.
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park is another favorite place for snorkeling in 30A. It's filled with dazzling coastal lakes, such as Campbell Lake, Morris Lake, Stallworth Lake, Allen Lake, and Oyster Lake. Plus, the snorkel reefs here are close enough to the shore, so they can also be explored via kayak or paddleboard.
- The Underwater Museum of Art is the first permanent underwater sculpture garden in the country. It's located about a mile off the shore from Grayton Beach State Park and features mesmerizing sculptures by artists from all over the world. This area provides a top-notch habitat for many species of fish.
Try These Snorkel Tours in 30A
- Dolphin and Snorkel Tours Inc. (Panama City)
- Adventure 30A (Santa Rosa Beach)
- Dive30A (Grayton Beach Beach)
- Captain Jambo's Parasailing, Banana Boat, and Snorkeling Tours (Destin)
- Snorkeling & Shelling Destin (Destin)
Discover the Best 30A Vacation Rental for You
When you’re searching for the ultimate vacation rental to make your home base during your 30A getaway, look no further than Adagio. We offer top-tier accommodations paired with luxurious amenities and stunning views of our sugar-white sand beaches. We're located along South Walton Beach, keeping you close to all the area’s best attractions.
Each of our vacation rentals is unique, but you can always count on a top-tier experience. Our properties offer three or four bedrooms, each with fully-equipped kitchens and spacious living areas. Plus, every unit has a spectacular ocean view or dazzling poolside view. It doesn't get any better than that!